12/12/2005

The Digg Effect?

The “Digg Effect” pertains to the result of having a website listed on technology social bookmarking website Digg.com. Usually this result is increased visitors to the site and perhaps an increase in bandwidth, so much so the website will crash.

Well, this website has made the front page of Digg twice. Once back in May for a video of a dual view TV, and now, just a couple of days ago for the Animal Crossing/RIAA story. The first time resulted in a less than modest bandwidth bill, the second resulted in a bunch of a number of idiotic comments left on my site.

I could tell you about my bandwidth bill and how I pulled all my hair out and jumped off a tall building when I saw how much my credit card was charged, but I talking about the idiotic comments seems like it'd be much more interesting to me. Plus, the stuff about pulling hair and committing suicide is pretty much a lie anyway.

I experienced a huge jump in visitors to the site, and with that a huge jump in comments left on the site. Let's take a look at some:

Comment #1:
Ur so gay Cheesegod -_-;

I'm not sure why this commenter came to the conclusion that I am gay. But I can come the conclusion they are retarded by the fact they spell “you are” Ur.

Comment #2:
yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams yams

followed by:

Comment #3:
yammy yams oh wonderful yams

Despite being off topic, at least the comments are not quite as moronic as:

Comment #4:
lol, f**kin phaggot. Digg in your ass m0th3rf**k3r

and..

Comment #5:
I want to cum herpes in his ass again?

I'm not sure why this person is asking me if they want to do this. They should know what they want to do. Of course maybe the question is the again part. They could be asking if they once again have the desire to do this. It's a pity to want something and not be able to accomplish it.
Comment #6:
Digg 0wnz Cheese God hahaha

Apparently they think Digg “Ownz” this site. This is incorrect, and also does not pertain to the story they are commenting on.

Comment #7:
You misspelled "against."

Actually, there is nothing wrong with this comment, they are correct. I did misspell against. Thanks anonymous!

There were some actual non moronic comments made, and I thank those that are responsible. Actually, thanks to the morons too, you proved that Digg.com has become a haven for dumbasses.

Of course I realize that it only takes one or two people to post stupid comments and that there are intellectual people reading digg.com. Still, it's still fun laugh at those who aren't and seem to almost boast it.


Comments:
Times have changed,
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents,
They just want to fart and curse. Should we blame the government, or blame society, or should we blame the images on tv No!
Blame Canada! Blame Canada

With all their beady little eyes,
their flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
We need to form a full assault, it's Canada's fault! Don't blame me, for my son Stan, He saw the darn cartoon, and now he's off to
join the klan!> And my boy eric once, had my picture on his shelf, but now when I see him, he tells me to fuck myself>

Well, Blame Canada!

It seems that everything's gone wrong since
Canada came along
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway. My son could of been a doctor or a lawyer, it's a true, Instead he burned up like a piggie on a barbecue> Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire, or the doctor who allowed him to expire. Heck no!
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
With all their hockey hubaloo and that bitch Anne Murray too. Blame Canada!
Shame on Canada!

The smut we must stop
The trash we must smash
Laughter and fun
must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before somebody thinks of blaming us!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
What would Brian Boitano do
If he was here right now,
He'd make a plan
And he'd follow through,
That's what Brian Boitano'd do.
Kyle
When Brian Boitano was in the olympics,
Skating for the gold,
He did two sow cows and a triple lutz,
While wearing a blind fold.
Cartman
When Brian Boitano was in the alps,
Fighting grizzly bears,
He used his magical fire breath,
And saved the maidens fair.
The boys
So what would Brian Boitano do
If he were here today,
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two,
That's what Brian Boitano'd do.
Cartman
I want this V-chip out of me,
It has stunted my vo-ca-bu-lar-y.
Kyle
And I just want my Mom
To stop fighting everyone
Stan
For Wendy I'll be an activist, too,
Cuz that's what Brian Boitano would do.
The boys
And what would Brian Boitano do,
He'd call all the kids in town,
And tell them to unite for truth
That's what Brian Boitano would do.

When Brian Boitano travelled through time
To the year 3010,
He fought the evil robot king
And saved the human race again
Cartman
And when Brian Boitano built the pyramids,
He beat up Kublia Khan
The boys
Cuz Brian Boitano doesn't take shit from an-y-body

So lets all get together,
And unite to stop our Mom's
And we'll save Terrance and Phillip too,
Cuz that's what Brian Boitano do.

And we'll save Terrance and Phillip too,
Cuz that's what Brian Boitano dooooooo,
That's what Brian Boitano do.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I give you a two...







































...out of five
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home